Share it with your friends!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Undisclosed Utilities !


On a particularly boring weekend, I was alone at home wondering what to do. Time seemed to stagnate every passing second. Suddenly I noticed this wall in the living room which looked all plain and blank (ready to be spoilt by me) and I decided to give it a new look. I opened my cupboard and took the envelope holder which my Mom gifted me…It is a beautiful jute piece which had pockets that can hold envelopes and post cards (exactly like the one in the picture ). When we were younger, my Mom used to put the day’s mail and post cards in it.
 I hung the envelope holder on the wall, which now looked full and aesthetic, and lay back in the bliss of having done something productive.

        However, my tech savvy husband has an aversion to wall hangings or any home décor, like I have to his endless cables and wires which runs haywire on the floor and ceiling. After reaching home, he switched on his denial mode when he saw it.


He: Whats this ?

Me: Envelope Holder .

He: “Envelope!!” he exclaims, as if I told a new word. “Soldiers at Kargil have 3G phones!”

Me: You can put other stuff too.

He: ‘Like what !!!”

Me: **cold stare**

Conversation ends, and the outcome is settled. The husband dislikes, but the envelope holder stays. (Cold stares bring screeching halts to any conversation, good or bad. It is very handy in such situations.)

Few weeks later, on a similar boring day, I was at home lazing, and hubby was out to settle bills. ( " bill payment " reminds me of Papa, as he used to say, that it had actually  turned out to be the purpose of his existence over the years :D )

Me: Hello?

He: Hey I am at Airtel office…Can you check this month’s copy of landline bill and call me back..?

I searched every nook and corner of the house, but in vain. The mobile rings again.

He: Found?

Me: No ...

He: Check that envelope holder of yours…I keep airtel bills there…

Me: !!!! Oh, I see !

The shy grin at the other end would've made an excellent Kodak moment :)

9 comments:

  1. haha...biwi ki haan mein haan nahi milayenge to aisa he hoga na:-)

    finally the worth is realized, eh?
    and that "cold stare" bit of fact-really true:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita,

    See how nicely he ended " cold war " LOL

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praphul: Something? It was a useful thing from the beginning !

    moonlite: Thanks moonlite...but I dint understand why you congratulated me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply me: Thank u !!!


    Suruchi : Totally. Cold stares are effective in any given situation.:D

    Jack: LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh the cold stare! The weapon with rends all sane arguments from the masculine mouth useless! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Spread the word!